|Tour Code||Frequency||Pick-up Time||Duration|
|SKRT03||Daily Departure||0730 Hours||Approx. 2 Days|
|Tour Type||Group Size||Season||Customizeable?|
|Private Tour||One to Travel||All Year Round||Yes, you can! Click here|
Taman Negara, which simply means “National Park” in English, has existed for the past 130 million years and is acknowledged to be one of the oldest rain forest in the world. The bulk of park lies between 75m and 300m altitude ( 250-1,000ft ), fringing the central highland core that rises to be the summit of Mount Tahan, which is 2187 meters (7186 ft), ranking the highest peak in Peninsular Malaysia.
As the first and oldest officially protected area in the country, Taman Negara was originally called King George V National Park declared in 1938 by the Sultan of 3 states of Kelantan, Pahang and Terengganu. Upon King George’s Silver Jubilee and to preserve the land’s indigenous nature in perpetuity, it was gazetted separately by each state’s Enactments in 1938-1939. The park was renamed Taman Negara after the nation gained independence in 1957. Taman Negara is the largest of all protected areas in Peninsular Malaysia with 4,343sq km. The Pahang section of the park is the largest at 2,477sq km, followed by Kelantan’s portion at 1,043sq km and Terengganu’s at 853sq km.
The flora and fauna species list in Taman Negara is impressive, with an estimated 10,000 plants, 150,000 insects, 25,000 invertebrates, 675 birds, 270 reptiles, 250 freshwater fish and 200 mammals. Even today new species are being discovered. Mammals such as Tapir, Sumatran Rhinoceros, Asian Elephant, Seladang, Gaur or Wild Cattle, Sambar or Rusa Deer, Barking Deer, Mouse Deer, Wild Pig and Black Giant Squirrel. Primates Animals such as Long-tailed macaque, Dusky Leaf Monkey, White handed Gibbon and Siamang. Carnivores Animals are Malayan Sun Bear, Malayan Tiger, Leopard, Golden Cat, Smooth Otter and Common Palm Civet. Birds species are Horn Bills which can be found nine species, Red Jungle-fowl, White breasted Waterhen, Green-winged Pigeon, Lesser Fish eagle, white-breasted Kingfisher, Mountain Peacock Pheasant and Crested Argus Pheasant. Reptiles and Amphibians are Snakes like King Cobra, Pit Viper and the world’s longest Snake – Python, Water Monitor Lizard, and Fishes Micro fauna as spiders, leeches, ticks, mites, centipedes, ants and scorpions. The forest are dominated by the sheer number abd variety of plant species. Palms, Rattans, Mosses, Ferns, Fungi, Lichens, Gingers, Parasites, and Orchids.
Visitor’s Activities like Canopy Walk – the world’s longest canopy walkway about 500 meters, 10 platforms, 11 bridges, 40 meter above the ground and was built in 1992. Jungle trekking to Bukit Teresek at 334 meters, Rapid Shooting, Lata Berkoh, Cave exploration, swimming, fishing, bird watching, mountain climbing, night jungle walk, night safari and taking photographs.
Forest People – Orang Asli the Batek (Bateq). While many Orang Asli people have settled in permanent communities near the park, there are still Batek people living a semi-traditional life in Taman Negara. The Batek people are one of the Negrito tribes and have similarities to people from the Andaman Islands, Philippines, Indonesia and Papua New Guinea. There are true nomads and are classified by same anthropologists as pygmies due to their short stature. About 500 orang Asli live in the park at any one time. It is possible to visit their communities as long as a recognised guide accompanies you. There isn’t a great deal to see as the Orang Asli live a very simple hunter-gatherer lifestyle. The camp usually comprises 10 to 30 family members living in temporary shelters and they used bows and arrows but early this century they converted to blowpipes they still using 1.5 metre (5 foot) bamboo blowpipes and poisonous darts to hunt on a daily basis. Darts are dipped in the poisonous sap of the Ipoh Tree.
The drive from Kuala Lumpur to (Jerantut which is the nearest town) Taman Negara is about 3 hours. From Jerantut to Kuala Tahan is about one hour journey or from Jerantut to Kuala Tembeling Jetty is 16km, boat trip is about three hours upriver to reach Kuala Tahan.
|Day 1: Kuala Lumpur – Taman Negara (L/D)|
|Pick up from hotel at 7.30AM transfer to coach terminal for taman negara transfer and you will be guided for boat crossing to the park. Reaching the park, settle in to Rain Forest Resort, your home for two nights. With time freshen up and unpack, we take you this evening to explore the surrounding forest on a night-time jungle walk.
Meals: Dinner at Taman Negara
|Day 2: Taman Negara (B/L/D)|
|Take in the area’s outstanding natural beauty on today’s tour, trekking through lush rainforest with a chance to walk across the canopy walkway and enjoy breathtaking views of the forest from dizzying heights. In the afternoon, board a river boat to the cascading waterfall of Lata Berkoh where you will have the chance to swim in the clear waters of the fall. Take boat to Shoot Rapids, be prepared to get wet and visit Orang Asli Village.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner included
|Day 3: Taman Negara – Kuala Lumpur (B/L)|
|Had farewell to your jungle adventure and return by boat to Kuala Tembeling jetty and journey back to Kuala Lumpur. Arrival at Chinatown, Kuala Lumpur / Pick up from Chinatown and transfer to hotel.|
Note: B: Breakfast | L: Lunch | D: Dinner
- 2 Ways Boat
- 2 Ways Bus / Van – Travel in SIC Basis (Sharing)
- 2 Night Accomodation
- 2 Buffet Breakfast at Resort, 2 Lunch at Kuala Tembeling Jetty, 1 Buffet Lunch at Resort & 2 Buffet Dinner at Resort
- Park Entry
|Adult 2 persons||RM990.00 per person||RM59.40 per person||RM1049.40 per person|
|Adult 4 persons||RM940.00 per person||RM56.40 per person||RM996.40 per person|
|Adult 6 persons||RM890.00 per person||RM53.40 per person||RM943.40 per person|
|Adult 8 persons||RM820.00 per person||RM49.20 per person||RM869.20 per person|
|Child (3 – 11)||RM720.00 per person||RM43.20 per person||RM763.20 per person|
- Night Safari – Add RM47.70/person
- Rain Forest Resort
- Standard A/C Room
- Upgrade to Mutiara Taman Negara Resort – Add RM424 per person
- Surcharge apply during the peak season
- Minimum 2 persons.
- Room twin sharing basis (Breakfast for 2 persons). Children aged 12 and below will be sharing rooms with their parents / guardians.
- Total prices shown above are including 6% for GST (Good Services Tax).
- PayPal fee 4.5% will be charge for deposit payment.
- For Peak / Public / School Holidays, additional surcharge of RM53.00 per person is required. For Super Peak, additional of RM106.00 per person is required, Check Peak and Off Peak Season.
- Deposit (50% per person), is required when you book this tour. After submitting the booking form online, you will be receiving a confirmation email for payment instruction. (deposit can be paid via Credit Card) & the balance payment must be paid in CASH (Ringgit Malaysia) when we pick you up on the tour day.
- Payment Paid (100% Refundable) In the worst case scenario, after your booking & payment is made, and there is no place/s available for your requested date/s, we will refund the deposit (100%) within 23 hours from the time you make your deposit.
- Payment Balance NO Credit Card payments are allowed for your balance payment, balance payment must be paid in CASH only.
- In Case if Guest Change or Cancel Booking That’s ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
- Important, Due to the nature of the tour, the weather, road condition, local circumstances, prevailing safety factors, the route & itinerary may vary to those published but the content of the tour will remain the same. The final decision of the actual itinerary will be made by us on the day of the tour.
- Basic Terms, No Refund will be entertained in case of “NO SHOW” or “UN-USED” Service.
For Taman Negara Tour
What to Bring and Do:
Towel, Shoes, Slippers, Sun block, Personal toiletries, change of clothes (for changing after activities – please take note, after the activities in Taman Negara National Park, all guest are require to clean up (shower (if available) & change clothing) before boarding), towel, spare shoe or sandals.